Monday, October 19, 2009

Fixing Ms Pacman

My daughter and I went down to the Philly area and picked up a Ms Pacman cocktail table. This game is 100% DOA, and cosmetically it has a lot of problems. First the top is not glass but scratched up Plexiglas. Next the previous owner was nice enough to "brand" their name into the machine veneer.

Inside is no better. When I got it home I could see that the internal power supply was there but it was cut out and a switcher was spliced in. The switcher was dead, no +5 and no +12. I decided I would try and resurrect the original a/c supply in the name of authenticity.

Speaking of authenticity I could clearly see this game started life as a Pacman. More than that, the cabinet was something entirely different, and the coin box has the words "Donkey" written on it. So the origin of this game is a mystery that I'll be working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment