Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On to Defender!

The Ms Pacman is doing very well in its new home (my eldest daughter's bedroom). There was an issue where the colors of the monitor were off, but re-routing the internal power lines cleared up the issue.

My son and I moved the Defender game into the house. I then proceeded to pull all the guts out of the cabinet (it's an upright) and lay them out on a table. I have confirmed there's an issue with the power supply, it appears the 35A bridge rectifier (BR1) is shot so I've ordered a replacement (& some other parts) from Bob Roberts.

The GO7 monitor is filthy so I've spent some time trying to clean it up. I think I need to hault it out to the garage so I can use my air compressor to clean it up.

Yesterday I used a sponge and some soapy water and cleaned the now empty cabinet inside & out. There's some repair work needed on the cabinet, the previous owner had installed a standard light switch (the kind you have in your home) and cut a rather large hole in the cabinet. After these repairs are done I'm considering purchasing a set of stencils (www.gamestencils.com) and repainting the exterior.

The priority is the electronics. With the parts I ordered from Bob I should be able to get the power supply working. Once the game is operational, I'll re-cap the GO7. Then I can move on to the aesthetics of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment