Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wrapping up Defender

Since I purchased the Stargate game, the priority has been to get Defender done. I decided not to refinish the cabinet at this time, but electronically the Defender game is done. I ordered some feet from Happs Controls (leveler feet) to replace the worn ones on the game, and now Defender is back to being upright.

My preliminary testing of the Stargate game indicates the monitor is fine, so the problem (the game just shows a blank screen, no sound) is with the game boards. Looking at the power supply the LEDs are all lit, so it appears that the power supply is good as well (I’ll put a probe on it to make sure).

So now Defender is back in it's cabinet and playable. I need to tighten up the joystick, it's a bit sloppy, but otherwise the game is in good condition.

I have pulled all the electronics out of Stargate. Tomorrow I'll hook them back up and start the process of figuring out what is wrong. I've ordered a battery backup kit (the lithium battery one that Bob Roberts sells), and some RAMs just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment