Thursday, June 7, 2012

Asteroids Cocktail

So I've started the restoration of the Asteroids cocktail. I purchased the cabinet with no mother board (and I didn't notice at the time but missing the Audio/Regulator board as well), with the assurance that it all worked. I had no belief it would work given a new board set, and regardless I want to strip it down, clean it up and do a proper, if not exhaustive, restoration job on it.


Above is a view of the inside of the cabinet. Now that I have boards this is "parts complete", so the work that needs to be done is to tear it all apart and then clean things up. I will need to get everything working, but I'll do that outside of the cabinet so I can have more control and access to the components. This means pulling out the power supply. I have to decide how far I'm going to go with this restoration, I'm thinking of stripping the power supply apart and refinishing the metal.

Thankfully the outside of the Asteroids cabinet is black so I won't have to search all of Christendom for matching wood grain contact paper like I had to for the Pacman restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment