Thursday, June 7, 2012

Starting from scratch!

It finally happened, the herd has been thinned. I posted in various forums that I was giving my collection away. The state of the hobby is such that I received very few takers, and only one that said he'd come straight away and take all that I would give him. Jim Melcher (see www.melchman.net) was eager to help me out and showed up at the appointed time with 3 helpers. They made quick work of the loading up the games and assorted spare parts. Here's what they got:


  • Defender
  • Stargate
  • Lunar Lander
  • Breakout
  • Space Invaders
  • Battlezone
  • Missile Command (cocktail)
  • Space Duel (cocktail)

In addition I threw in (all for free!) a G05-802 vector monitor and a color XY monitor. Jim also took the Fluke raster TV pattern generator off my hands. I also had two Lunar Lander mother boards (working!) that Jim got to haul away. And I even gave them some of my home brew beer. I better get accolades in his blog. I'll keep in touch with Jim and see how he progresses getting the games fixed.

There are only two games I kept, a working Pacman cocktail (which I restored), and a non-working Asteroids cocktail. So with only two games in the herd, and one of them fully restored I can focus all my attention on Asteroids.

1 comment:

  1. Arcade Maverick is excellent game machine i ever seen and you want that experiance thn check out this
    arcade games for sale

    ReplyDelete