Saturday, June 9, 2012

Coming along

I got a chance to spend a little time with the Asteroids today. Turns out I had a spare 2N3055 transistor, it was part of the Williams power supply get well kit. Since I have gotten rid of the Williams games (Defender & Stargate), I made good use of it in the Atari AR1. Now I have my Asteroids board working with the proper Audio/Regulator board, on to fixing the monitor.

I have two G05-805 (15") B/W vector monitors. I didn't think either would work but they are both failing in the same way - the spot killer is on. I suspect it's the XY drive transistors (the 2N3716 and 2N3792) but don't have any spares so it's time to place an order. I also plan to pick up a replacement for the big capacitor in the power supply, and a knob for the volume control. It would be great if I could make an extension cable so the monitor doesn't have to be so close to the motherboard, I'm working on locating the parts I need to do that (I have the monitor-end, I need the motherboard-end).

So it may be a few days before I get the parts I need to make any more progress, in the meantime I brought in the top glass for the cocktail table and I'll start cleaning things up.

1 comment:

  1. Arcade Maverick provides high quality home arcade cocktail table and you want that experiance thn check out this
    arcade cocktail table

    ReplyDelete